(remember it’s all in fun the answers are below)
1) What is the difference between a herb and a spice?
a) No difference. Simply two different ways in referring to the same thing.
b) A herb is made from leaves and a spice is made from berries.
c) A spice is made from leaves and a herb is made from berries
d) Herb is a guy's name and Spice is a girl's name.
2) You can make the following substitutions when you are using dried basil vs fresh?
a) 1-tsp dried = 1-tbsp fresh
b) 1-tsp dried = 1-tsp fresh
c) 1-tbsp dried = 1-tsp fresh
d) 1-tbsp dried = 3-tsp fresh
3) What is the hottest part of a chile pepper?
4) What is the healthiest oil to use for cooking?
a) Olive oil
b) Safflower oil
c) Vegetable oil
d) Motor oil (10W30)
5) What does the term braise mean?
a) Deep fry
b) Stir fry
d) Cook food slowly in a small amount of liquid in a tightly covered pan
6) How much is in a dash?
c) 1/16 of a smidgen
7) What takes the longest time to cook in a slow cooker?
b) Hardy Fruit
c) Hardy vegetables
d) Everything.......It's a SLOW cooker
8) What internal temperature must chicken be cooked so that is safe to eat?
9) How many teaspoons are in a tablespoon?
10) What part of the chicken is the healthiest to eat?
1. B, 2. A, 3. C, 4. A, 5. D, 6. B, 7. C, 8. C, 9. C. 10. D
10 right You are ready to cook Thanksgiving Day Dinner
7-8 right You can now host a dinner party for four
6-7 right You’re getting there
5 right Buy the Joy of Cooking
4 right Keep trying and invite your family over for dinner. The won’t hold it against you.
0-3 right Just hire a cook of go to moms